1. Mind-controlling fungus creates army of zombie ants – If the mimic octopus is the most interesting fauna I’ve ever heard of, then this newfound fungus species Ophiocordyceps camponoti-balzani has to be the most interesting flora I’ve ever heard of. It literally takes over the ant’s mind and forces the ant to find “a location ideal for the fungi to grow and spread their spores.”
2. 21 Philadelphia Catholic priests suspended on suspicion of child abuse – Several have already been indicted on charges of rape and assault on minors. But what’s most shocking is how callous the church is treating the scandal.
3.Compete with a computer in Rock-Paper-Scissors – Not content just beating us in Jeopardy, computers have set their sights on beating us in the ultimate human competition, Rock-Paper-Scissors. Click the link to play.
- Zombie Ants, Feature Film On The Way (talknowalk.wordpress.com)
- “Zombie Fungus ~ Mind-Control of Brazilian Ants!” and related posts (maximizingprogress.org)
- New Zombie-Ant Fungi Found (livescience.com)