1. God denies Kent Hovind’s rehearing before the Supreme Court – Yup, Kent filed for an appeal and had lots of people praying for him. But I guess “God” doesn’t care much for fucktards like Kent.
2. Islamic Supreme Council of Canada issues fatwa against Muslim extremists – It’s a start but I’d still rather you guys just accepted that your whole religion, moderate or not, is bullshit and that your prophet was a crazy pedophile.
3. Atheists help the homeless:
4. Another case of death by religion – Last year, 16-year-old Neil Beagley suffered and died a painful death because he and his parents chose prayer over medicine.
Police said the boy and his family are members of the Followers of Christ Church, a highly secretive group in Oregon City that has been practicing a distinct brand of religion since at least the mid-40s after moving to Oregon from Idaho. They believe they are God’s chosen children and that God’s will can heal those he chooses.
The parents, Jeff and Marci Beagley are charged with criminally negligent homicide.
5. The Pope had declared marriage equality a threat to creation itself – And condoms cause AIDS. Glad to see this guy’s got his priorities straight. With holy leaders like this, who needs terrorists?
Scientists in Vienna have developed a new technique for producing vaccines for H1N1 — so-called swine flu — based on insect cells. The research, published in the Biotechnology Journal, reveals how influenza vaccines can be produced faster than through the traditional method of egg-based production, revealing a new strategy for the fight against influenza pandemics.
This would solve the problem of people who are allergic to chicken. But of course it won’t shut up the anti-animal-use-in-medicine/anti-vaccinationists. They’ll just start whining that doctors are injecting insects into people.
7. Roxxxy the sex robot is here – That’s right. There’s a sex robot. But my favorite part of the story is this bit here:
Inspiration for the sex robot sprang from the September 11, 2001 attacks, when planes crashed into the World Trade Center in New York City, the Pentagon and an empty field in Pennsylvania.