1. $cientology for a change decides to sue somebody – The cult has launched two separate lawsuits against Sandy Springs, Georgia for alleged discrimination because the city approved the rezoning of their building but denied the the cult’s request to add a fourth floor by enclosing a basement parking garage, saying there wasn’t enough parking.
2. Treating agony with ecstasy – Okay, I had to steal that headline because there was just no way I was going to top it. In the first FDA-approved trial evaluating the use of the street drug ecstasy for therapeutic applications, it proved very successful at treating PTSD.
3. Male chromosome’s rapid evolution – The Y chromosome, known for making men men, is evolving far faster than the rest of the human genetic code:
A new study comparing the Y chromosomes from humans and chimpanzees, our nearest living relatives, show that they are about 30 percent different. That is far greater than the 2 percent difference between the rest of the human genetic code and that of the chimp’s, according to a study appearing online Wednesday in the journal Nature.These changes occurred in the last 6 million years or so, relatively recently when it comes to evolution.
And for those keeping track, that’s 5,994,000 years before the existence of the whole universe, according to Young Earth Creationists.
4. Debunking creationism? There’s an app for that – A new smartphone app provides users with refutations to all the creationist arguments.
5. Pat Robertson finally getting heat from fellow Christians – It’s about damned time!