I’ve never watched an episode of Glee, but its ability to constantly piss off the religious right makes me a fan. Now Victoria Jackson has come out condemning the show for reasons even she doesn’t seem to know:
This is Victoria Jackson at her most intelligible. I’m starting to think this is a Poe and she’ll one day come out and admit she’s just an AndyKaufman-like provocateur because nobody can be this stupid and delusional.
This kid clearly doesn’t understand politics. He just uses rational arguments and uses only actual words in the English language. Not once did he accuse anyone of being a communist or warn of the downfall of our nation or use non-existent words like “refudiate.” He’s got a lot to learn.
“The Large Hadron Collider has successfully created a “mini-Big Bang” by smashing together lead ions instead of protons.”
2. Spain’s LGBT community prepare to welcome Pope with kiss-in – Organisers are using Facebook to grow a ‘queer kissing flashmob’ intended to congregate in front of Barcelona’s cathedral on Sunday:
“No placards, no flags, no shouting and no slogans. Only kissing allowed,” the Facebook page reads.
3. Liberty Counsel announces its 8th annual “Naughty & Nice list” – This is the Christian group that tries to discourage people from shopping at those evil stores that have the audacity to use “Happy Holidays” instead of “Merry Christmas” in their advertising. Here’s the official list. I plan on shopping only at the “naughty” stores and passing on the “nice” ones.
4. Skeptics in India launch their own paranormal challenge – Inspired by the James Randi Educational Foundation’s Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge, skeptics in India are offering 50 Lakh rupees (about $112,000) to anyone who can definitively prove under proper scientific conditions that ghosts exist.
5. American Atheists puts up their first billboard and it’s going to be in NYC – The billboard is going up near the Lincoln Tunnel on the NYC side on November 23rd and will remain there for one month. I’m not all that crazy about it as I’d rather we dropped the whole holiday season schtick and addressed something of more substance, but I don’t hate it either. Here’s what it will look like:
Over the last week or two, we’ve seen an unprecedented show of support for the gay community via the “It Gets Better” campaign. But unfortunately, the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) doesn’t seem to have gotten the message:
The father of a 9-year-old Cub Scout said Tuesday he has been forced out of a leadership role with the organization and ordered not to wear its uniform because of his sexual orientation.
The BSA is still holding strong to their anti-gay and anti-atheist bigotry. Click the link above to see CNN’s video report on the controversy.
- Boy Scout Impacted by Scout Discrimination Against Gay Dad (lezgetreal.com)
- Cub Scouts: Gay Dad Can be ‘Popcorn Fundraiser’ But Not Leader (towleroad.com)
- Watch: HLN Interviews Gay Dad Denied Cub Scout Leadership Role (towleroad.com)
- Boy Scouts tell gay leader to take a hike (cnn.com)
So now the CEO has publicly apologized. And I for one don’t think it’s enough.
I’m with the guy in this clip. Target needs to either get their money back somehow or donate at least $150,000 to a prominent gay rights organization to remedy this situation. This is the obvious solution and one that took me less than five seconds to come up with. So if Target isn’t bright enough to think of it, then why should I trust their judgment about anything. Sorry. I love you, Target. But I say apology not accepted. Not good enough.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Target Apologizes For Political Donation To Group Supporting Anti-Gay Candidate (huffingtonpost.com)
- APNewsBreak: Target apologizes for Minn. donation (sfgate.com)
- Target CEO Apologizes (shakespearessister.blogspot.com)