1. Atheist group provides one page guide to becoming psychic – When the Humanist Association of Ottawa heard about a local event called “The Psychic Experience” where an alleged “psychic” named Matthew Stapley was to be performing the classic John Edward-like “talking to the dead” routine, they decided to take action. They went to the event and passed out a very simple 1-page pamphlet entitled “How To Be A Psychic” (PDF here), where they explain the most common Cold Reading techniques. And it’s great that they made it available online for others to use.
2. My less skeptical cousin Chupacabra turns up again – Yeah, it’s got to be him because they describe him as being very ugly. And yeah, he always was the ugly one in the family. And he’s definitely not sexy:
Legend states that the beast would attack goats and suck their blood. Think of them as a less sexy version of “Twilight”‘s infamous vampire Edward Cullen.
Yeah, I always though Chupacabra would be more popular if he sparkled in sunlight.
3. Cracked.com hits another one out of the park – I love Cracked.com. They have some of the funniest and most informative articles around. And these days they tend to mostly produce very good skeptical content. And this lasted list from them is no exception, The 6 Most Misguided Causes Ever Made Famous by Celebrities. I’m particularly happy with the number one choice, Jenny McCarthy.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Humanist Association of Ottawa Educates Psychic-Visiting Crowd (friendlyatheist.com)
- CHUPAcabras? (atomiurl.com)
- Chupacabra, Mysterious Animal, Allegedly SPOTTED In Texas (VIDEO, PICTURES) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Local News Anchors Confess Their Chupacabra Report Is Only For The Ratings (mediaite.com)