According to University of Michigan biologist Barry OConnor, Skepacabra’s less skeptical cousin, the chupacabra is just a coyote with sarcoptic mange (a.k.a. scabies). He bases this conclusion on photos of the corpes of alleged chupacabras, which he says tend show them to be shriveled, hairless, and canine-looking.
Well sure, if you look at the evidence, that might make sense. But isn’t it more fun to just imagine chupacabras are real? I mean with evidence you can disprove anything: leprechauns, unicorns, dragons, space aliens, Big Foot, Man Bear Pig…
- Chupacabras are just coyotes with scabies, says biologist [Monstersamongus] (io9.com)
- Chupacabras As Much Victim As Villain (lockergnome.com)
- Mystery of the ‘Chupacabra’ May Be Solved (idle.slashdot.org)
- Scientists: Chupacabras are Just Coyotes with Mange (neatorama.com)
- Bloodthirsty monster or mangy coyote? (holykaw.alltop.com)